Yoga Therapy Sessions (private and group)*
Yoga Therapy is a process that explores the inter-relationship between all aspects of your being (the physical, energetic, emotional/mental and spiritual). It supports you in cultivating a level of awareness that reveals the beliefs, biases and conditioned ways of being that keep you from experiencing the peace, love and joy that are your birth right and live at the core of your being.
Utilizing the many tools of yoga including breath, movement, meditation & self inquiry, Yoga Therapy promotes wellness and healing on every level.
Some particulars regarding Yoga Therapy with ellen:
- Yoga therapy sessions are student centered. Ellen will design each Yoga Therapy session to meet your needs and interests.
- Ellen will serve as a guide to support you on your journey of self discovery and healing.
- Ellen will not diagnose or treat specific conditions. She will instead partner with you to create a program for optimal well-being, based on your unique needs.
- Health care is typically focused on managing immediate symptoms. Our focus will be on the underlying imbalances that can lead to symptoms and “dis-ease”.
- In your work with ellen, health and healing directly relate to a sense of personal wholeness.
Who can best be served by yoga therapy?
- Everyone can benefit from yoga therapy. This is especially true when there is motivation to create positive change in your life.
- Ellen especially enjoys working with individuals or groups juggling the “challenges of being human” including; stress, depression, anxiety, trauma, poor self esteem & life transitions.
Ellen encourages those wanting Yoga Therapy to research/interview Yoga Therapists in order to find “the right fit.” The training of a Yoga Therapist is different from that of a Yoga Teacher. Don’t hesitate to ask a prospective Yoga Therapist about their training.
To learn more about Yoga Therapy visit: Yoga Therapy Health This web site has been created by the International Association of Yoga Therapist to raise community awareness about the role and value of Yoga Therapy.
If you are interested in exploring Yoga Therapy with ellen please remember that Yoga Therapy is a process, not a quick fix. A single session can offer some direction and insight but a commitment to a period of discovery, including personal practice outside of the session, will serve one more optimally. All sessions are offered via Zoom.
- The investment for an individual session is $125 (1.5 hour).
- A three session package(1-1.5hr/session) is $335 (used within 8 weeks).
- Please contact ellen for off site or group Yoga Therapy fees.
- All sessions are by appointment.
- Detailed intake forms must be completed and returned prior to first meeting
To schedule a Yoga Therapy session please contact ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sessions are offered via Zoom. Upon scheduling, ellen will send you comprehensive intake forms that must be returned within 72 hours of the first session.
*The yoga therapy components of my program(s) are based on my affiliation with Kripalu’s Integrative Yoga Therapy and their accreditation by the International Association Yoga Therapy, not derived from our status as an RYS® with Yoga Alliance Registry.