Practice in the Comfort of Your Home
You don’t need a space designated solely for yoga. Find a spot, roll out your mat and log into class (links below). No time driving, no need to rush, just come to Yoga! The enjoyment of class in your “personal yoga space” may likely inspire you to practice more often.
Join ellen virtually for community, study, inspiration and practice
The classical teachings of Yoga provide a blueprint for balanced living. Using the many tools of Yoga, students learn how to relax the mind and ride the tides of change with resilience and equanimity.
All classes have a “therapeutic touch”. I assess my group and adapt the practice for the individuals who are present. I do not use a pre-defined curriculum. I create the class based on the level, need and interest of the students present.
My live online classes can:
- help reset your nervous system
- help to manage stress and anxiety
- build strength and flexibility
- support you in navigating challenges
- allow you to deepen in to self-love and self-mastery
- optimize immune function/diminish inflammation
Classes are offered live, on zoom. Questions: email@example.com
The weekly class schedule is as follows: Click the red link near your chosen class time and it will bring you directly to your online yoga experience. You can also use the 9 digit meeting i.d., in blue to log into the class. I can’t wait to see you!
- Mindful Yoga, a gentle practice – Tuesday 9:00-10:15am 746-228-667 or https://zoom.us/j/746228667
- Take A Seat, chair Yoga – Is postponed until further notice. Interested students are welcome to bring a chair to “mindful yoga” on Tuesdays at 9:00am. (A sturdy, un-upholstered chair is best)
- My Yoga, all levels – Thursday 5:00-6:15pm 439-623-166 or https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82477930181
- Sacred Saturday, all levels – 9:00-10:15am 827-219-110 or https://us02web.zoom.us/j/827219110.
Live outdoor Yoga classes:
May 20, June 17, July 29 and August 19. Classes are offered in Foster. To register for one or more of these classes click on Live Yoga with ellen. The address is provided following registration.
The following classes are canceled due to ellen’s teaching schedule for Kripalu
- Saturday June 24, 2023 – 9:00
- July 8- July 22, 2023 – all classes
Props for class
It is helpful to have props for class including: yoga mat, 1 or 2 yoga blocks (or substitute a thick novel wrapped in 2 elastics), a dense blanket that is easily folded, a Yoga strap (or use a neck tie or bathrobe belt), a bolster or 2 blankets.
Students who prefer working from a chair (instead of sitting or moving on the floor) are welcome to bring a chair to the Mindful Yoga class on Tuesday at 9am. Instructions will be adapted to accommodate chair practitioners.
Live on-line classes – community supported:
- All programs can be enjoyed as a gift or by monetary offering. If you are experiencing financial hardship, for any reason, I encourage you to participate without financial concern. Those who are able to make a gift will support the continuation of these classes and also aide others who have financial limitations.
- If you would like to make a contribution, thank you. The amount is your option. You can do so through PayPal (button below) or by check. Checks can be made payable to Ellen Schaeffer and mailed to PO Box 9172, Warwick, RI 02889.
- Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
The yoga therapy components of my program(s) are based on my affiliation with Kripalu’s Integrative Yoga Therapy and their accreditation by the International Association Yoga Therapy, not derived from our status as an RYS® with Yoga Alliance Registry.